Hinky Pinks Activity
(also know as Stinky Pinks or Hinky Pinkys)
This is a great way to waste time around a campfire, on long car rides, standing in line, or whenever there's nothing better going on.
One scout thinks of two rhyming words and then makes up a definition that describes the two words. The scout also states what kind of rhyme it is, using these rules:
- Hink Pink - two one-syllable words
- Hinky Pinky - two two-syllable words
- Hinkity Pinkity - two three-syllable words
- Hitinkity Pitinkity - two four-syllable words
- Combos - any combination of syllables is allowed. For example, a three-syllable and 2-syllable combo would be called a Hinkity Pinky
Everyone else strains their brains trying to come up with rhyming words that fit the definition.
Whoever gets it first, gets to throw out the next Hink Pink - but often someone else already has one ready to go.
Here are a few simple examples:
- Hink Pink - insect toupee (bug rug)
- Hink Pink - bathroom illuminator (night light)
- Hinky Pinky - rabbit that tells jokes (funny bunny)
- Hinky Pinky - keeps small cats paws warm (kitten mitten)
- Hinkity Pinkity - where the commander in chief lives (president's residence)
- Hinkity Pinkity - many boats crewed by large apes (gorilla flotilla)
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Scouter Dave on Boy Scout Uniform
Ellen 206 on Communication MB
Scouter Paul on Energy mb
MR M K FOSTER on Sat On Hillside song
Yukon Jack on Square Knots
Scouter Paul on Environmental Science MB
NANCY MERRIMAN on Square Knots
Camille Luke on Environmental Science MB
Mary on Merit Badges
Doc Daniel on Communication MBMore Comments...