Public Speaking Merit Badge
Requirements for the Public Speaking merit badge:
- Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
Public Speaking Worksheet
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Super Jen on /blog/1350.asp
Joe Weingarten on Spirit of Eagle award
Scouter Paul on Bomb Squad activity
Scouter Paul on Natl Outdoor Badges award
Christie on Natl Outdoor Badges award
William Finley on Bomb Squad activity
Levi Morton on Graces
B. Harms on Spoof Merit Badges
alexis on Survival Kit
harper watkins on /blog/1339.aspMore Comments...