American Cultures Merit Badge
Requirements for the American Cultures merit badge:
Choose THREE groups that have different racial, cultural, national, or ethnic backgrounds, one of which comes from your own background. Use these groups to meet requirements 1, 2, and 3.
- Do TWO of the following, choosing a different group for each:
- Go to a festival, celebration, or other event identified with one of the groups. Report on what you see and learn.
- Go to a place of worship, school, or other institution identified with one of the groups. Report on what you see and learn.
- Talk with a person from one of the groups about the heritage and traditions of the group. Report on what you learn.
- Learn a song, dance, poem, or story that is traditional to one group, and teach it to a group of your friends.
- Go to a library or museum to see a program or exhibit featuring one group's traditions. Report on what you see and learn.
- Imagine that one of the groups had always lived alone in a city or country to which no other groups ever came. Tell what you think the city or country might be like today. Now tell what you think it might be like if the three groups you chose lived there at the same time.
- Tell about some differences between the religious and social customs of the three groups. Tell about some ideas or ways of doing things that are similar in the three groups.
- Tell about a contribution made to our country by three different people each from a different racial, ethnic, or religious background.
- Give a talk to your scout unit or class at school on how people from different groups have gotten along together. Lead a discussion on what can be done to help various groups understand one another better.
American Cultures Worksheet
Feb 05, 2018 - John Doe
This was an informative page that helped me and my troop learn about America’s many diverse cultures. It created an understanding throughout my troop of racial, ethnic, and religious perspectives.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Scouts
Scouter Paul on Square Knots
Colleen Schoneveld on Square Knots
Jane on Boy Scout Uniform
Scouter Paul on Cub Scouts
Robin Padilla on Cub Scouts
kirk on Skunk Coyote story
Jen on Boy Scout Uniform
Troop Leader Geraldine R. Sevilla on Star ceremony
Scouter Paul on Uniforms
Confused Dad on UniformsMore Comments...