You are Taking Scouting Too Seriously If Joke
- You buy that '89 Chevy Caprice because you really like that fleur de lis hood ornament
- Your favorite color is "olive drab"
- You decide to lash together the new deck on the back of your house
- You plan to serve foil meals at your next dinner party
- You walk the streets in broad daylight with a coffee cup and flashlight hanging from your belt
- You raise your hand in the scout sign at a heated business meeting
- You were arrested by airport security because you wouldn't give up your official Boy Scout pocket knife until the officer said "thank you"
- You didn't mind losing power to your house for three days
- Your son hides his copy of Leader Magazine from you
- Your plans for remodeling the bathroom include digging the hole deeper
- You trade your 25 foot center console fishing boat in on that great little 15 foot canoe
- Your favorite movie is "Follow Me Boys" staring Fred MacMurry, and you spent months trying to convince Disney to release it on home video
- You managed to find that 8th day in the week
- You disconnect the automatic dishwasher in favor of the "3 pot method"
- You sneak a cup of "bug juice" after the troop turns in for the night
- You can start a fire by rubbing two sticks together
- Latrines at camp start becoming comfortable
- You think campaign hats are cool
- You gave your wife a mummy bag rated for -15 deg F for Christmas
- You name one of your kids Baden
- Your favorite tune is "Camp Granada"
- You can recite the Cub Law and Promise backwards, in order, in 3 seconds flat
- You bought 10,000 shares of Coleman stock on an inside tip they were about to release a microwave accessory for their camp stove line
- You can't eat eggs anymore unless they are cooked in a zip-lock bag
- You plan to get rich by writing a best selling Dutch Oven cook book
- You took a chemistry course at the local college to help you develop a better fire starter
- You actually own a left-handed smoke shifter
- The height of your social season is the district recognition dinner
- You were disappointed when Leader magazine didn't win the Pulitzer Prize last year
- The Scouts in your troop chipped in to have you abducted by a professional cult de-programmer.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Chris on Whittlin Chip
Ismael Molina-Serrano on 2nd Class
David Boesenberg on Song Search
Allyson on Interpreter award
Donald Stachowiak on Smokey Bear song
Rhonda Cancelli on Flag ceremony
GJ on Fist Ball game
John Roemer on LNT Camporees
Beau on Square Knots
Paranginan Sianturi on Brother John songMore Comments...