Tiger Bites Adventure
Adventure Goal: Promote nutrition, hygiene, and manners to Tigers.
Complete Requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others.
- With your parent, guardian, other caring adult, or den, find out about good food choices and not-so-good choices. Identify three foods that you think would be good choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
- Explain the importance of hand washing before a meal and clean-up after a meal. Then show how you would do each.
- Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it for at least four meals.
- Talk with your parent, guardian, or other caring adult about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.
Ideas for Adventure Requirements:
- Collect grocery store ads from the newspaper. Have scouts cut out, or circle with a marker, three healthy and three unhealthy foods for sale.
- Lay out a sample of each: apple, orange, pear, banana, kiwi, cucumber, tomato, celery, broccoli, lettuce, spinach. Have the den group them into what they believe are fruits and vegetables. Explain the botanical difference between fruits and vegetables, then find out which items have seeds. Cut them up while scouts wash hands, then let each scout sample at least one fruit and one vegetable.
Den Meeting Ideas for Tiger Bites Adventure:
- Perform Penguin Soup skit for the Pack. You are what you eat.
- Tell a short version of Complete Meal minute to the den.
- Tell Two Little Words minute to the den.
- Sing the Food song.
- Perform Clean Silverware skit - about keeping clean.
- Sing Hawaiian Punch song
- Try Ticks on a Toilet Seat for a snack.
- Sing Go Bananas song.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Lou Schrader on Rain song
Teresa Mullins on Cub Scouts
Kim Jurgens on Aviation m.b.
Angelina Meyers on Red Skelton minute
John Mitchell on Stamp Collecting MB
Ann MacPhail on PB&J Song
Yukon Jack on James West award
Jonas Peter Chisale on Handshake Minute
A. Cluff on /content/skit/not_enough_parachutes-121.asp
Steve Schaefer on Photography MBMore Comments...