This Award is meant for Cub Scouts.
|The National Den Award recognizes dens that conduct a quality, year-round program. Service projects, Cub Scout Academics and Sports, field trips, character development, and Cub Scout camping are areas that are emphasized. Dens earn the award as a team, not as individual den members. The recognition is a ribbon for the den flag or den doodle.|
To earn the National Den Award, a Cub Scout den must:
- Have at least 50 percent of the den's Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, or Webelos Scouts attend two den meetings and one pack meeting or activity each month of the year.
- Complete six of the following during the year:
- Use the denner system within the den.
- In a Tiger Cub den, use shared leadership and rotate the boy/adult host team.
- Have 50 percent of the den go on three field trips per year. A field trip may be used in place of a den meeting.
- As a den, attend a Cub Scout day camp, Cub Scout or Webelos Scout resident camp, or a council family camping event with at least 50 percent of the den membership.
- Conduct three den projects or activities leading to a Character Connections discussion.
- As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Sports programs.
- As a den, participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Academics programs.
- Have 50 percent of the den participate in a den conservation/resource project.
- Have 50 percent of the den participate in at least one den service project.
Once the requirements are completed as stated, the signed National Den Award application is sent to the local council service center where the ribbon can be obtained.
Download an application for the National Den Award