This Award is meant for Boy Scouts.
|The very best patrols exhibit enthusiasm, teamwork, and camaraderie - that special spark known as patrol spirit. |
The National Honor Patrol Award is given to patrols whose members make an extra effort to have the best patrol possible. Your patrol can earn the award by doing the following over a period of three months.
Your patrol may earn multiple award patches by meeting the requirements in additional 3 month time periods.
- Have a patrol name, flag, and yell. Put the patrol design on equipment and use the patrol yell. Keep patrol records up-to-date.
- Hold two patrol meetings each month.
- Take part in at least one hike, outdoor activity, or other Scouting event.
- Complete two Good Turns or service projects approved by the patrol leaders' council.
- Help two patrol members advance in rank.
- Have at least 75 percent of members in full uniform at troop activities.
- Have a representative attend at least three patrol leaders' council meetings.
- Have eight members in the patrol or experience an increase in patrol membership.
Each unit leader determines if a patrol qualifies for the National Honor Patrol Award. The patch is an embroidered gold star (BSA No. 00367) worn around the patrol emblem and purchased at Scout shops or council service centers. There is no application form.
Patrol leaders may use this NHP award tracking sheet
to record their efforts.