Cub Scouts Volleyball Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Volleyball Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of volleyball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the sport of volleyball.
- Participate in a volleyball game.
Requirements for the Volleyball Pin
Earn the Volleyball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack, school, or community volleyball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball passing techniques: forearm pass and overhead pass (setting).
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball serving techniques: underhand and overhand.
- Spend at least 60 minutes in practice over serveral practice periods to develop individual skills for volleyball. Make a chart to record your practice efforts.
- Explain how volleyball matches are scored, including the terms side-out and rally scoring.
- Accurately lay out a volleyball court.
- Play five games of volleyball.
- Officiate at least three games of volleyball.
- Explain the importance of good sportsmanship.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional volleyball game.
Volleyball Online Resources
Brian S on Mt Dew Chicken recipe
Kate on No Socks song
Kate on On the Loose song
P Kincheloe on /content/activity/mafia-2154.asp
Scouter Paul on Spoof Merit Badges
Sandra C on Spoof Merit Badges
Sandra C on April 1 post
STEVEN CRANE on Supporters
Lee on Purple Gorilla Story
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America