Cub Scouts Ultimate Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Ultimate Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Requirements for the Ultimate Pin
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or roller throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: one handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- On three different occasions, practice 20 minutes of ultimate or disc golf. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc golf holes.
- Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skills development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.
Ultimate Online Resources
Jan 29, 2013 - ejvogie
Maureen McAllister on /webelos/badge-fitness.asp
Scouter Paul on Emergency Prep award
Sandra on Emergency Prep award
Ryan Kane on Bobcat
Michelle Mahler on Belt Loops
Scouter Paul on Belt Loops
Rebeca on Belt Loops
John on Tiger Cubs
Heather on Tiger Cubs
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America