Cub Scouts Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Roller Skating Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Requirements for the Roller Skating Pin
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 15 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills: forward scissors, forward stroking, crossover, or squat skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backward. Skate backward for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
Roller Skating Worksheet
Kayla on Uniforms
Graciela on Bear Tail Story
Scouter Paul on Cooking MB
Carol on Cooking MB
Scouter Paul on Merit Badges
Scouter Paul on Eagle Scouts
David E. Bohl Sr. on Fishing MB
Scouts mom on Lifesaving MB
Mom of Two Scouts on Eagle Scouts
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America