Cub Scouts Bicycling Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Bicycling Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of safe bicycling to your den leader or adult partner.
- Demonstrate how to wear the proper safety equipment for bicycling.
- Show how to ride a bike safely. Ride for at least half an hour with an adult partner, family, or den.
Requirements for the Bicycling Pin
Earn the Bicycling belt loop, and complete requirement 1 below, and do four additional requirements:
- Make a chart to record at least 10 hours of bicycling. (Required)
- Participate in a pack, den, or community bike rodeo.
- Demonstrate how to repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
- Make a poster illustrating different types of early bikes and show it to your den.
- Give a demonstration to your den or pack on the proper use of safety equipment and gear.
- With the help of a parent or adult partner, register or reregister your bicycle.
- Go on a "bicycle hike" with your family or den. Obey traffic rules related to bicycling.
- Repair or restore a nonfunctioning bicycle to a safe condition. Include the installation of all proper safety devices.
- Visit a bicycle race or exhibition.
- Help set up a bike rodeo or bike competition for your pack.
Bicycling Online Resources
- Bicycling Magazine
- American Bicyclists
- International Human Powered Vehicle Association
- Bicycle Museum
Alicia on Marshmallow activity
Peter on Belt Loops
Kayla on Webelos Uniform
Kayla on Uniforms
Scouter Paul on Scouting 4 Food
Lynette Westvang on Scouting 4 Food
Scouter Paul on Webelos Requirements
Scouter Paul on Outdoor Activity award
Kelly on Outdoor Activity award
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America