Merit Badge: Public Speaking
Requirements for the Public Speaking merit badge:
- Give a three- to five-minute introduction of yourself to an audience such as your troop, class at school, or some other group.
- Prepare a three- to five-minute talk on a topic of your choice that incorporates body language and visual aids.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least two minutes, either as part of a group discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject selected by your counselor that is interesting to you but that is not known to you in advance and for which you do not have time to prepare.
- Select a topic of interest to your audience. Collect and organize information about this topic and prepare an outline. Write an eight- to 10-minute speech, practice it, then deliver it in the conversational way.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting according to accepted rules of order; or by answering questions on the rules of order.
Public Speaking Worksheet
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
melissa on Participation award
Doc on Rattlesnake Story
a kid on Daniel Boone song
Jody Burnett on Tests
Scouter Paul on Personal Fitness mb
Greg Krabach on Human Spring activity
Kristen on Personal Fitness mb
Steven Van De Wal, AACC on Square Knots
Scouter Paul on Natl Outdoor Badges award
Scouter Paul on /blog/1278.aspMore Comments...