This Award is meant for Boy Scouts.
A boy scout that is serving as a den chief wears the Blue/Gold den chief braid. If serving as a Webelos den chief, he wears the Blue/Gold/Red braids. Once he has earned the Den Chief Service award, he can wear the Red/White/Blue den chief award braids. All braids are worn on the left shoulder, under the epaulet and under the arm.
- Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
- Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- Take part in weekly meetings.
- Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
- Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack, troop, team, or crew.
- Complete FOUR of these projects:
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- Advance one rank.
- Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- Recommend to your Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or Venturing Advisor another Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer to be a den chief.
Webelos Den Chief
There is no official form for this award, but you can use the Den Chief Service Record
from the Den Chief Handbook or This Form
might be useful.