Complete Angler Award
This Award is meant for Boy Scouts.
The Complete Angler patch is for scouts that are well-rounded in their fishing endeavors. There's a good chance some scouts have already earned it and just don't realize it yet.
In the same manner as the World Conservation award, the Complete Angler recognition has a simple requirement of completing three merit badges, but also requires a project.
Earn the Boy Scout Complete Angler Award by:
- Earning these merit badges:
- Completing one or more of these projects:
- Teach a Fishing or Fly Fishing merit badge skill to your troop, crew or team as part of a unit program activity.
- Help instruct Cub Scouts on fishing skills or fishery management as part of a Cub Scout meeting or outing.
- Participate in a local fishing derby or tournament, either a Scouting or Community event.
- Complete a conservation project that will benefit a local fishery.
The Complete Angler patch is worn on the uniform shirt, centered on the right pocket as a TEMPORARY patch. Only ONE Temporary patch may be worn at a time.
Download and complete this Application Form for each scout earning the award. Then, take it to your local scout shop to purchase the patches.
For adults, there is the BSA Fishing Certified Angling Instructors recognition.
This recognition is for volunteers that have completed a Certified Angling Instructor course - see this list of scheduled courses.
Both these recognitions are from the National BSA Fishing Task Force. The task force's goal is to provide guidance in all fishing aspects of the BSA's programs and they have a web site with more info.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Le Mon on Caissons song
zeeshan dharani on Cit in Comm mb
Eric Roberts on Get to Heaven song
Scouter Paul on Tiger Cubs
Dan Barr on Tiger Cubs
Chris on Webelos Uniform
Tifas-Revenge on Popeye song
Daniel Blaine on Journalism MB
Ken Ashby on Tom Toad song
Scouter Paul on Life ScoutsMore Comments...