This Award is meant for Webelos scouts.
The highest award in Cub Scouts is earned by Webelos that have been active participants in their den and are ready to join a Boy Scout troop. Many of the requirements for the Arrow of Light are intended to familiarize the scout with Boy Scouting and show him the next step to take in scouting. A scout earning the Arrow of Light patch has also completed nearly all Joining requirements for Boy Scouts so he has a headstart on his Boy Scout trail.
The award patch is worn as a Webelos scout and as a Boy Scout - adults wear the square knot symbol.Knot Description
: Red on green knot on tan background with yellow border. Award Requirements
Online Webelos Arrow of Light Test
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least six months since completing the fourth grade (or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos badge.
- Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy Scout by doing all of these:
Use this handy Memorization Wheel to learn and review the Scout Oath, Law, Motto, Slogan, and Outdoor Code.
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout Law. Tell how you have practiced them in your everyday life.
- Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute, and handshake.
- Understand the significance of the First Class Scout badge. Describe its parts and tell what each stands for.
- Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a Webelos Scout uniform.
- Tie the joining knot (square knot)
- Earn five more activity badges in addition to the three you already earned for the Webelos badge. These must include:
- Fitness (already earned for the Webelos badge)
- Citizen (already earned for the Webelos badge)
- At least one from the Mental Skills Group
- At least one from the Technology Group
- Two more of your choice
- With your Webelos den, visit at least
- one Boy Scout troop meeting
- one Boy Scout-oriented outdoor activity. (If you have already done this when you earned your Outdoorsman activity badge, you may not use it to fulfill requirements for your Arrow of Light Award.)
- Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
(If you have already done this when you earned your Outdoorsman activity badge, you may not use it to fulfill requirements for your Arrow of Light Award requirements.)
- After you have completed all five of the above requirements, and after a talk with your Webelos den leader, arrange to visit, with your parent or guardian, a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like to join. Have a conference with the Scoutmaster.
- Complete the Honesty Character Connection.
- Know: Say the Cub Scout Promise to your family. Discuss these questions with them. What is a promise? What does it mean to keep your word? What does it mean to be trustworthy? What does honesty mean?
- Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to be truthful? List examples.
- Practice: Discuss with a family member why it is important to be trustworthy and honest. How can you do your best to be honest even when it is difficult?