Photography Merit Badge
Requirements for the Photography merit badge:
- Explain how the following elements and terms affect the quality of a picture:
- Light-natural light/ambient, flash
- Exposure-aperture (f-stops), shutter speed, depth of field
- Composition-rule of thirds, leading lines, framing, depth
- Angle of view
- Stopping action
- Explain the basic parts and operation of a film camera or digital camera. Explain how an exposure is made when you take a picture.
- Discuss with your counselor the differences between a film camera and a digital camera. Describe how computer software allows you to make adjustments to a digital photograph after it is taken.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Produce a picture story using the photojournalistic technique of documenting an event. Share your plan with your counselor and get your counselor's input and approval before you proceed. Then, using either a film camera or a digital camera, produce your approved picture story. Process your images and select eight to 12 images that best tell your story. Arrange your images in order, then mount the prints on a poster board. If you are using digital images, you may create a slide show on your computer or produce printouts for your poster board. Share your picture story with your counselor.
- Choose a topic that interests you to photograph for an exhibit or display. Get your counselor's approval, then photograph (digital or film) your topic. Process your images. Choose 20 of your favorite images and mount them on poster board. Share your display with your counselor. If you are using digital images, you may create a slide show on your computer or produce printouts for your poster board.
- Discuss with your counselor the career opportunities in photography. Pick one that interests you and explain how to prepare for such a career. Discuss with your counselor the education and training such a career would require.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
citra pandiangan on Traveling Angels story
Bob on Personal Management m.b.
Bjorn Wang on /blog/1213.asp
Van Donley on /blog/1213.asp
Jennifer on Conservation award
Ron on /blog/1213.asp
Scouter Paul on Shotgun m.b.
Christopher Bryant on Shotgun m.b.
Mr. Jake on Boy Scout Uniform
bill soper on Leatherwork MBMore Comments...