Now that the weather has dipped into single digits - Brrrr - I thought you might be able to use some indoor game ideas. These are some of the favorite games of our scouts for troop meetings that still get some action going.
- Pinguard - a very active ball-throwing game that scouts will play for hours. It's the favorite Lock-In game and requires a large gym. Guardian is similar but requires less room.
- British Bulldog - the roughest game we play with a good chance of ripped clothes, bruises, and scrapes. It's an opportunity for the biggest guys to use their strength and weight.
- Hunker Down - one-on-one strength and balance contest. It doesn't take much room and can be used as a gathering activity before meetings.
- Crab Fights - simple physical game that pits patrols against each other. Rewards speed, strength, and balance.
- Kangaroo Wrestling - Another simple physical rough-n-tumble game that size matters less than balance. It's every 'kangaroo' for himself in a battle royal.
- Steal the Bacon - speed, memory, and fearlessness are needed in this fast-action game.
Don't let your troop meetings get stagnant during the winter. Make sure evey meeting has some action for scouts to look forward to.
Posted: 10:47 11-28-2007 267 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement