The Order of the Arrow is putting on a huge service project in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service in the summer of 2008. It is ArrowCorps5
and will consist of five separate projects on national forest land across the country with about 1,000 participants at each site.
Visit the official ArrowCorps5 site
for details about each site and registration information.
The five sites are:
- Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri on June 7-14
- Manti-La Sal National Forest in Utah on June 14-21
- George Washington & Jefferson National Forests in Virginia on June 21-28
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest in California on July 12-19
- Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming on July 26-August 2
Councils should be in the process of setting up contingents now. There are some forms due in November and deposits due in February. The cost for each project is $250 plus whatever your travel costs may be.
The only way to participate is by going through your council - no individual registrations are accepted. Councils and Lodges were sent information just a couple weeks ago so this may be all new to them.
There are patches available for each project site and you can order them at OA Trading Post
even if you are not a participant.ArrowCorps5
is open for both youth and adult OA members.
View a promotional video:
Posted: 10:53 10-10-2007 231 Previous Post Next Post
archives: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Site Disclosure Statement