Bugling Merit Badge
Requirements for the Bugling merit badge:
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite. Play the call that you have composed before your unit or patrol.
- Sound the following bugle calls: 'First Call', 'Reveille', 'Assembly', 'Mess', 'Drill', 'Fatigue', 'Officers', 'Recall', 'Church', 'Swimming', 'Fire', 'Retreat', 'To the Colors', 'Call to Quarters', and 'Taps
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months.
NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Smitty on Spoof Merit Badges
Scouter Paul on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on Adult Training
Doug Ross on Adult Training
Thad on Arrow of Light
Scouter Paul on /blog/1122.asp
T.R. on /blog/1122.asp
Scouter Paul on Camping MB
Dave on Camping MB
Mikie Dww on Davy Crockett songMore Comments...