Bugling Merit Badge
Requirements for the Bugling merit badge:
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite. Play the call that you have composed before your unit or patrol.
- Sound the following bugle calls: 'First Call', 'Reveille', 'Assembly', 'Mess', 'Drill', 'Fatigue', 'Officers', 'Recall', 'Church', 'Swimming', 'Fire', 'Retreat', 'To the Colors', 'Call to Quarters', and 'Taps
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months.
NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Scouter Paul on Merit Badges
Hitchhiker on Boy Scouts
Hitchhiker on Emergency Prep MB
Laith on Emergency Prep MB
scouter R on Merit Badges
Dan Wolfgang on Astronaut skit
Dave Mundy on Hobo Dinner recipe
David Jeffery on Boy Scouts
Dr Ferdinand Abayomi Oguntoye on Custom Patrol Patches
Evan Owen on Webelos AdventuresMore Comments...