Bugling Merit Badge
Requirements for the Bugling merit badge:
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite. Play the call that you have composed before your unit or patrol.
- Sound the following bugle calls: 'First Call', 'Reveille', 'Assembly', 'Mess', 'Drill', 'Fatigue', 'Officers', 'Recall', 'Church', 'Swimming', 'Fire', 'Retreat', 'To the Colors', 'Call to Quarters', and 'Taps
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months.
NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Deathbot 3000 on Get to Heaven song
Stephanie on Falling Rock story
Scouter Paul on Flag ceremony
Lars L Bilyeu on Flag ceremony
Sonicriders on No Skit skit
Sonicriders on Nuts Elephant skit
Judy Horvath on Billboard song
Zephan on Rain song
Bill Cox on Emergency Prep m.b.
Scouter Paul on Summertime Pack awardMore Comments...