- What are some things you should arrange before you leave on a family vacation so strangers won't know you are gone? (Leave a key with a neighbor to get mail, get newspaper, mow yard, water flowers, check for packages on front porch. Also set timer on lights, use answering machine. )
- What are some things you should always have with you in your car for safety? (first aid kit, spare tire and jack, oil, water, basic tool kit, flares, flag, blanket.)
- What can you do in the car to help the driver on a long trip? (talk to him occastionally. Play quietly. Notice if the car starts swerving or if he starts looking tired.)
- What are some good reasons to use mass transit such as buses and subways? (less pollution, safer than cars, more time to work or read instead of drive)
- What are some bad things about mass transit? (you must travel on their schedule, sometimes slower, may be bad strangers nearby)
- What are some things to do to protect yourself from strangers while on a trip? (stay with a parent - holding hands is good, notice your surroundings and people near you instead of playing gameboy, do not talk to strangers, keep your money hidden)
- What do the different colors of road signs mean? (red-danger, orange-construction/maintenance, yellow-warning, blue-traveler information, brown-recreational information, green-guide signs, white-route markers and regulatroy signs such as speed limit, black - one way and night speed limit, fluorescent yellow/green-crossing warning for schools, pedestrians, and bicycles.
- If you could take a family trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? Then, choose one and figure out about how much it would take to go on that trip.