- What are your favorite things to eat? What is it about them that you like?
- Why do some foods taste good to us and others do not?
- What does it mean when something is 'addictive'? (there are psychological addictions and physical addictions )
- Can people be addicted to ice cream, candy, hotdogs, pizza, ...? (we really want them, but not a physical addiction)
- What about soda pop? (The caffeine in pop is a drug and causes physical changes in your body. Withdrawal symptoms can occur also.)
- Why are there laws that only adults can smoke tobacco and drink alcohol? Why is it illegal for everyone to use some drugs but not others?
- If someone drinks too much alcohol, who does it hurt? just himself or other people too? (drunk drivers, mean behavior to others, wasted money)
- If someone smokes, who does it hurt? just himself or others too? (2nd hand smoke)