Webelos Citizen Activity Badge Worksheets
- If you meet the President, you call him:
- your Highness
- your Excellency
- Mr. President
- The President and his family live in:
- Blair House
- the White House
- the suburbs
- The first President to live in the White House was:
- John Adams
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- We celebrate birthdays of two Presidents in February; they are:
- Washington and Lincoln
- Jefferson and Adams
- T. Roosevelt and F.D. Roosevelt
- During the War of 1812, when Madison was President, this famous song
- the Battle Hymn of the Republic
- God Bless America
- The Star Spangled Banner
- Twenty-seven Presidents have studied:
- The two big political parties today are:
- Republicans and Democrats
- Federalists and Whigs
- Conservatives and Liberals
- The U S National Anthem was written by:
- George Washington
- Francis Scott Key
- Benjamin Franklin
- The law says Presidential elections must be held on:
- the first Monday in October
- the first Tuesday in November
- We hold Presidential elections every:
- two years
- four years
- six years
- The United States is made up of:
- 13 states
- 37 states
- 50 states
- The parties pick their Presidential candidates in:
- Presidential primaries
- national nominating conventions
- by secret vote
- If a president dies in office, the next president is:
- the Vice President
- elected by the people
- the oldest Senator
- If you want to run for President you should:
- go jogging
- take a nap
- make speeches
- The only man to be elected President four times was:
- Abraham Lincoln
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Ulysses S. Grant
- The President's wife is called:
- the First Lady
- the Queen
- Mrs. President
- The U S flag's stripes are colored:
- 6 red and 7 white
- 7 red and 6 white
- 6 red and 6 white
- When properly folded, the U S flag should be shaped like:
- a circle
- a square
- a triangle
E C R E I P T R N A G A E R B C E J K A
W T A F T T X I R X W H N O F O R D D O
N V X C Y N J E F F E R S O N W X A R Y
O Q P L D F I L L M O R E S N I M P B E
T H E C E A M P T U J L S E I S X O L L
N R L I N C O L N F D B R V O L B O B N
I W R R N P Z L A T U Z E E W C J H N I
L V P U E K O O R C Y N T L A O W A S K
C H A Q K H N L G I O V R T M T A Y E C
B U C H A N A N K S A D A W R S S E I M
R G N I D R A H K N H R C O O D H S S A
N W I X F F N C B B O O I L L O I E E D
O T I G E R A U E E O D E F Y Z N E N I
S B J S C J R W R L V W L Y A D G O H S
I R O C A E E E I O E E E E T L T R O O
R U H O N S I D U L R N R B I R O N W N
R H N U M W G C T H S U B A E F N O E N
A T S T L E A W I L S O N D H L R M R A
H R O S P V D N A L E V E L C S O A U N
E A N A M U R T L H B F I B E A R S G F
||Jefferson ||Madison |
||Jackson ||VanBuren |
||Polk ||Taylor |
||Buchanan ||Lincoln |
||Hayes ||Garfield |
||(Harrison) ||(Cleveland) |
||Taft ||Wilson |
||Hoover ||(Roosevelt) |
||Kennedy ||(Johnson) |
||Carter ||Reagan |
||(Bush) || |
|| || |
||TIGER ||BOBCAT |
||WEBELOS || |
Names in parentheses are repeats that will occur ONLY ONCE in the puzzle!
Every Citizen has ...
Complete each statement by inserting duty or right in the blank.
- the __________ to obey all laws.
- the __________ to equal protection of laws and equal justice in the courts.
- the __________ to respect the rights of others.
- the __________ to inform yourself on issues of government.
- the __________ to be free of arbitrary search and seizure.
- the __________ to equal education and economic opportunity.
- the __________ to serve on a jury if called.
- the __________ to vote.
- the __________ to own property.
- the __________ to vote in elections.
- the __________ to serve and defend your country.
- the __________ to free speech, press, and assembly.
- the __________ to assist agencies of law enforcement.
- the __________ to a lawyer of your choice and a prompt trial if accused of a crime.
- The __________ to practice and teach the principle of good citizenship in your home.
Citizen Scavenger Hunt
On a tour of City Hall, see if you can get answers to these questions:
- Bring back a piece of stationery showing our town's logo or crest.
- Where is the police chief's office?
- Who runs the Water Works Department and what does that department do?
- Where does the City Council meet?
- What is in the basement of the City Hall building?
- What is the full name of the receptionist or person that welcomed us?
- Get a brochure about trash pick up service.
- Who takes care of snow removal/tree removal from city streets and what is their budget?
- What is the city's budget and how many city employees are there?
- Draw a picture of our city or state flag:
Citizen Word Search - click for another activity