Cub Scouts Softball Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Softball Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of softball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing softball skills.
- Participate in a softball game.
Requirements for the Softball Pin
Earn the Softball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community softball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques and practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting. Practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Explain the rules of base running and demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Learn and demonstrate base coaching signals.
- Learn about one defensive position (shortstop, catcher, etc.) and practice at that position for three half-hour sessions.
- Attend a high school, college, or community softball game.
JB on Gopher Guts song
rachel on Uniforms
Optimum RV on Winter Camping Tips
Christopher Brown on Fools Gold skit
Mark Kodra on Photography MB
Ian Stuart on Signs Signals Codes mb
Scouter Paul on Personal Fitness mb
Jose on Personal Fitness mb
Sarah on Belt Loops
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America