Cub Scouts Language & Culture Academics Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Language & Culture Belt Loop
- With your parent's or adult partner's permission, talk with someone who grew up in a different country than you did. Find out what it was like and how it is different from your experience.
- Learn 10 words that are in a different language than your own.
- Play two games that originated in another country or culture.
Requirements for the Language & Culture Pin
Earn the Language & Culture belt loop, and complete six of the following requirements:
- Earn the BSA Interpreter Strip.
- Write the numbers 1-10 in Chinese or another number system other than the one we normally use (we use the Arabic system).
- Visit an embassy, consulate, or charge d'affairs for another country.
- Make a display of stamps or postcards of another country. Explain the importance or symbolism of the things depicted to that country's culture.
- Learn 30 words in a language other than your own. Practice saying these words with your den or an adult family member.
- Learn a song in another country's language. Sing the song for your den or an adult family member, and then tell what the words mean.
- Say five words in American Sign Language. One of these words could be your first name.
- Visit a restaurant that specializes in recipes from another country.
- Watch a TV show or movie in a foreign language. Tell how easy or difficult it was to understand what was happening.
- With your parent's or adult partner's permission, interview an interpreter. Find out what his or her job is like.
- Make a list of 30 things around your home that were made in another country.
- Read a book or story about an immigrant to the United States.
Language and Culture Worksheet
Oct 14, 2012 - John McFarland
Nick Coffey on Wolf Scouts
Mickie Hammel on Cub Scouts
Mickie Hammel on Den Chief award
Barbara Lynn Terry on Davy Crockett song
Michelle Maffey on Recognition
Joe on Den Chief award
Joe on Archery belt loop
Joe on Bicycling belt loop
Kelly Jerominski on Bicycling belt loop
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America