Cub Scouts Bowling Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Bowling Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for bowling.
- Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit your hand.
- Play a complete game with your family or den.
Requirements for the Bowling Pin
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Read about the history of the sport of bowling. Tell your den or an adult family member about what you learned.
- Explain to your den or an adult family member the meaning of the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their symbols for scoring.
- Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your leader or adult partner.
- Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best for you.
- Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols, or explain the symbols and scoring on a computer-generated score sheet.
- Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average score.
- Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- Take bowling lessons.
- Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
Bowling Online Resources
- Pro Bowlers Association
- Bowlers Journal International
- Bowling Tips
- International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame
Feb 25, 2012 - lisa erdman
Scouter Paul on Arrow of Light
Thomas on Map Test
RON TUFANKJIAN on Shotgun m.b.
David Marcus on Rain song
Anne Marie on Belt Loops
Ella on Arrow of Light
Shawn O'Brien on Tree Climber skit
Jason Manstream on Geocaching MB
Major Dad on Msgr Peace Award
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America