Cub Scouts Basketball Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Basketball Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Requirements for the Basketball Pin
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- On three different occasions, practice 10 minutes of individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
Basketball Online Resources
- NBA.com - National Basketball Association
Scouter Paul on Bomb Squad activity
Angry Dad on Ice Skating belt loop
Cindy on Ice Skating belt loop
Daniel Kawooya on Bomb Squad activity
Leslie Bulkley Rayford on Rain song
Yukon Jack on LNT Award
Rick on LNT Award
Scouter Paul on CS World Conservation award
Eugene Chen on CS World Conservation award
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America