Cub Scouts Basketball Sports Belt Loop and Pin
> > > Triple Prizes < < <
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Basketball Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of basketball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing basketball skills.
- Participate in a basketball game.
Requirements for the Basketball Pin
Earn the Basketball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community basketball tournament.
- Demonstrate effective passing using the chest pass, bounce pass, over-the-head pass, and baseball pass.
- Successfully demonstrate the set shot and jump shot shooting styles.
- Demonstrate skill in the following dribbling techniques: high dribble, low dribble, turnable dribble, change-of-pace dribble, and combination dribble.
- On three different occasions, practice 10 minutes of individual defensive skills.
- Explain and demonstrate 10 official basketball signals.
- Play three shot-improving games with a member of your den or team.
- Play five games of basketball.
- Participate in a basketball clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional basketball game.
Basketball Online Resources
- NBA.com - National Basketball Association
Kevin on 2014 Themes
100merit badge boy on Flag ceremony
Mom of Two Scouts on Eagle Scouts
John Stevens on /content/song/smokey_the_bear-625.asp
Jeff Mathewson on /boy-scouts/meritbadges/spaceexploration.asp
Eric on Tenderfoot Scouts
Larry Green on /content/activity/chariot_races-1597.asp
Austin Barley on Boom Chicka Boom song
David Wood on /content/award/historic_trails-533.asp
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America