This Minute is meant for Boy Scouts.
If you sometimes get discouraged, consider this fellow. Try to figure out who it is as I tell you about him
- He dropped out of grade school and ran a country store - and went broke.
- It took him 15 years to pay off his bills.
- He took a wife, had an uphappy marriage.
- He ran for the house of representatives and lost - twice.
- He ran for the senate and lost - twice.
- He delivered a speech that became a classic, but at the time the audience was indifferent.
- He was attacked daily by the press and despised by half the country.
Despite all this, imagine how many people all over the world have been inspired by this awkward, rumpled, brooding man who signed his name, "A Lincoln"