Some fast 'get to know you' activity that gets scouts to recognize things about others.
Have the group line up in different ways.
- Alphabetical by last name
- By age
- By month of birthday
- By height - with eyes closed
- By size of animal name picked from bag of names, by only making the sound of that animal
- By shoe size
- By number of siblings
- By street number of home address
- Blindfolded, assign each a number. By number with no talking.
- By ...
Mar 18, 2013 - Sarah Jane Brunning
I get my scouts to play line up but I get them to do it on chairs or on a wooden beam. They're not allowed to step off the chairs and if they do they are out. You always find that they really start to comunicate and get along after this game. I do it every time we get a new scout!
Mar 18, 2013 - Scouter Paul
Sarah - Are you saying you have scouts step from the seat of one chair to another? That sounds like an accident ready to happen to me.
A wooden beam on the ground is solid and low, but chairs are unstable.
Follow Me, Boys
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content - scout software
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America