This Game is meant for Cub Scouts.
balsa wood airplane kits.
candy or other small prizes.
Give each scout an inexpensive balsa wood airplane glider or rubberband powered airplane kit.
Give them enough time to do their best building the kit because they will be used in a competition next.
Show how the airplanes can have their flight pattern adjusted by carefully modifying the tail and wings.
Let the scouts practice for awhile.
Set up a number of tasks to complete and give out a prize at each one. Possibly have an adult at each task and have the scouts rotate through in groups of 2 or 3.Tasks
- Distance - how far the plane flies from a starting line.
- Accuracy - closest to a target 20 feet away.
- Trick Flying - a hula hoop set on end 15 feet away - try to fly through it.
- Boomerang - through your plane and catch it in the air closest to the spot from where you threw it.
- Anything else you invent!