Cub Scouts Flag Football Sports Pin and Belt Loop
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Flag Football Belt Loop
- Explain or discuss the simple rules of flag football with your den.
- Practice running, passing, and catching skills for at least 30 minutes.
- Play a game of flag football.
Requirements for the Flag Football Pin
Earn the Flag Football belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Layout and properly mark a flag football field at a park or playground.
- Explain the difference between defense and offense in a flag football game.
- Describe five different positions a player may play in flag football. Name the position that you prefer to play.
- During three half-hour sessions, practice the skills of passing, hand-offs, rushing, and running.
- Participate in a flag-football clinic.
- Consider all the people who make it possible to play a game of flag football. List parents, coaches, team members, scorekeepers, referees, groundskeepers, etc.
- Play in five flag football games without incurring a penalty.
- Explain and demonstrate at least six football officiating signals.
- Attend a high school, college, or community league football game.
- Read a book about a football player and tell your den or family about the player's training and work ethics.
- Talk with a referee or official of a high school, college, or community football league and learn about his or her responsibilities at a football game.
Flag Football Worksheet
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Ray Rogers on Red Skelton minute
Scouter Paul on /blog/1317.asp
Lee Manevitch on /blog/1317.asp
Mark Coleman on AoL Duty to God
Trace on Den Chief award
Daniel W Liang on Scout Law
Kimberly on Winter Camping Tips
Tresa on Scouting 4 Food
Daniel Liang on Scout Law
GREG P. VILLANUEVA on ContestMore Comments...