This Ceremony is meant for Boy Scouts.
Reciting the pledge of allegiance at the start of every meeting can become boring and meaningless. A short statement about the pledge or flag before reciting can help keep it meaningful.
- Thomas Jefferson said, "The God who gave us Life, gave us Liberty at the same time." As we repeat the Pledge of Allegiance, Let's remember that our flag is a symbol of this precious Liberty.
- We have Good Government only when We, The People of the United States of America, play an active part in making it good. Let's say our Pledge with that in mind.
- The greatest Public Document of the American People is the Constitution of the United States. Our Flag represents our Constitution in Action. Let's Pledge our Allegiance to the country represented by this Flag.
- The U.S. Flag is the emblem of our Nation. The Leader of the Free World. Let's plede our Allegiance to this nation.
- "Long may it wave."... this flag has been flown all over the world when our country has come to the aid of others, in times of war, and in times of peace. Let's remember the history of our country as we Pledge our Allegiance to the Flag.
- As we salute the Flag, Let's remember the words of the American's Creed that is...
It is my duty to my country:
To love it,
To support its Constitution,
To obey its Laws,
To respect its Flag and
To defend it against all enemies.
- The Red in our Flag stands for Courage and Bravery. Today as we Salute our Flag, let's remember our men and women in the Armed Forces who are serving us and our country.
- So long as the Principles of Truth, Justice, and Charity for All remain deeply rooted in Human Hearts, our Flag shall continue to be the enduring Banner of the United States of America. Let us join in the Pledge of Allegiance to our Flag.
- For more than 200 years, our Flag has been the Emblem of Liberty for generation after generation of Americans. Let us look at it with pride as we Pledge our Allegiance to it.
- These Stars and Stripes are our Dreams and our Labors. In these unsettled times, Let us Pledge our Allegiance to our American Flag with new hope.
- Our Flag is bright with Cheer, brilliant with Courage, and firm with Faith. Let's recognize this with our sincere Pledge today.
- Because we are Thankful and Appreciative of such Leaders as George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, let's Pledge our Allegiance to the Flag and at the same time, remember the Great Presidents of our Land.
- For the opportunities our country offers to the youth of America, Let's say our Pledge to the Flag, the emblem of our Nation.