Venturing Silver Award
The Venturing Silver Award medal features an eagle superimposed over a compass dial. It also has a red, white, and blue background behind the eagle. The medal is worn suspended from a green and white ribbon, which is suspended from a silver Venturing bar.
The Venturing Silver Award is available to all Venturing youth members of the Boy Scouts of America. Its purpose is to provide a pathway for personal development; encourage Venturers to learn, grow, and serve; and recognize the high level of achievement of Venturers who acquire Venturing skills.
- Be proficient in emergency preparedness (including standard first aid, CPR, and Safe Swim Defense)
- Participate in Ethics in Action
- Complete the Venturing
Leadership Skills Course
- Earn the Venturing Gold Award
- Earn at least one of the five Venturing Bronze awards
- Venturers work with their Advisors to establish a plan of action for earning the Silver Award.
- Venturers can choose to work on the requirements alone or with other Venturers as in a crew activity.
- Venturers can work on requirements in the Bronze Award program, Gold Award program, and Silver Award program simultaneously. They could also work on each program separately. Itís up to the Venturer and Advisor as to how they earn the award.
- After completion of all requirements, the Venturing Silver Award candidate will go through a formal review with other Venturers and adults from the crew.
The Venturing Silver award will take at least 12 months to earn and all work must be completed before the Venturer's 21st birthday.
Knot Description: Silver knot on dark green and white background with silver border.
Download the Application Form.
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com