Hinky Pinks Activity
(also know as Stinky Pinks or Hinky Pinkys)
This is a great way to waste time around a campfire, on long car rides, standing in line, or whenever there's nothing better going on.
One scout thinks of two rhyming words and then makes up a definition that describes the two words. The scout also states what kind of rhyme it is, using these rules:
- Hink Pink - two one-syllable words
- Hinky Pinky - two two-syllable words
- Hinkity Pinkity - two three-syllable words
- Hitinkity Pitinkity - two four-syllable words
- Combos - any combination of syllables is allowed. For example, a three-syllable and 2-syllable combo would be called a Hinkity Pinky
Everyone else strains their brains trying to come up with rhyming words that fit the definition.
Whoever gets it first, gets to throw out the next Hink Pink - but often someone else already has one ready to go.
Here are a few simple examples:
- Hink Pink - insect toupee (bug rug)
- Hink Pink - bathroom illuminator (night light)
- Hinky Pinky - rabbit that tells jokes (funny bunny)
- Hinky Pinky - keeps small cats paws warm (kitten mitten)
- Hinkity Pinkity - where the commander in chief lives (president's residence)
- Hinkity Pinkity - many boats crewed by large apes (gorilla flotilla)
Click one to vote:
Did you like it?
Or hate it?
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Super Jen on /blog/1350.asp
Joe Weingarten on Spirit of Eagle award
Scouter Paul on Bomb Squad activity
Scouter Paul on Natl Outdoor Badges award
Christie on Natl Outdoor Badges award
William Finley on Bomb Squad activity
Levi Morton on Graces
B. Harms on Spoof Merit Badges
alexis on Survival Kit
harper watkins on /blog/1339.aspMore Comments...