This Activity is meant for Boy Scouts.
This Activity should be done Outside.
Gather all the gear you want to use to set up the campsite.
Make a list of things done wrong.
Set up the gear following the list.
The GillyWump Patrol has left their campsite to go off on a hike. There are all sorts of things left in a sorry state.
Each patrol should tour the campsite making a list of all the things they find wrong.
The patrol that finds the most things, wins.
Reflect on what was missed and how well we can manage our campsites on campouts.
List of things that can be set up:
- Stove fuel containers left open and not stored away
- Pot with water left on stove
- Food scraps left around cooking area
- Dirty, rusty knife used for food prep
- Water bottle left open
- Perishable food left out of cooler
- Non-perishable food left out of patrol box
- Cooler lid left open
- Dirty cooking dishes
- Dirty dish wash water left in basins
- No soap in wash water
- Some dishes cleaned sitting flat on table to dry instead of in drying bag
- Trash bag with garbage in it left on ground
- Plastic drink bottles in campfire pit
- Knife stuck in picnic table
- Dining fly set up over stove instead of over table and work area
- Dining fly sagging to center so it accumulates rain
- Whittled stick and shavings on picnic table instead of in ax area
- Matches left out by stove
- Tent set up in low spot or steep slope
- Tent fly open
- Food in tent
- Candle in tent
- Gameboy in tent
- Tent rope tied to small live tree
- No rain fly on tent
- Green stick cut and used for tent stake
- Tent set up very close to fire
- Fire built outside of fire ring
- No fire buckets
- Smoldering fire left
- First aid kit sitting out open by fire
- Opened bandages in kit
- Dirt in kit
- Ropes lying on ground
- Small ax yard in brushy area
- Ax laying on ground
- Unsheathed saw laying on cutting stump
- And other things ...