Sculpture Merit Badge
Requirements for the Sculpture merit badge:
- Explain to your counselor the precautions that must be followed for the safe use and operation of a sculptor's tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Do TWO of the following:
- Model in clay a life-sized human head. Then sculpt in modeling clay (such as Plastine or Sculpey) or carve/rasp in wood or soft stone a small-scale model of an animal or person. Explain to your counselor the method and tools you used to sculpt the figure.
- Make a plaster mold of a fruit or vegetable. In this mold make a copy of the fruit or vegetable. Explain to your counselor the method and tools you used to make the copy.
- With your parent's permission and your counselor's approval, visit a museum, art exhibit, art gallery, artists' co-op, or artist's studio. After your visit, share with your counselor what you have learned. Discuss the importance of visual arts and how it strengthens social tolerance and helps stimulate cultural, intellectual, and personal development.
- Find out about career opportunities in sculpture. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor, and explain why this profession might interest you.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Joe The Gay Scout on Emergency Prep MB
Jessica Tyree on Backyard Jungle Adv
Scouter Paul on AoL Adventures
Scouter Paul on Arrow of Light
Vikki Webster on Arrow of Light
nkaye on AoL Adventures
someone on Everybodys Nerves song
wolf on Rattlesnake Story
Nancy Boone on No Bugs song
Scouter Paul on Interpreter awardMore Comments...