Pets Merit Badge
Requirements for the Pets merit badge:
- Present evidence that you have cared for a pet for four months. Get approval before you start.
- Work done for other merit badges cannot be used for this requirement.
- Write in 200 words of more about the care, feeding, and housing of your pet. Tell some interesting facts about it. Tell why you have this kind of pet. Give local laws, if any, relating to the pet you keep.
- Show that you have read a book or pamphlet, approved by your counselor, about your kind of pet. Discuss with your counselor what you have learned from what you read.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Show your pet in some pet show.
- Start a friend raising a pet like yours. Help your friend get a good start.
- Train a pet in three or more tricks or special abilities.
Aug 20, 2014 - Brent Gear
Does anyone know what animals are pictured on the Pets Merit Badge? I see some blue thing, a fish and a cat. Is the blue thing a parakeet or some other sort of bird? Even our Scout Shop folks don't know what it is.Oct 01, 2014 - cameron
the yellow one is a fish the black one is a cat and the blue one is a bird,you have to look very closely for the cat.Mar 09, 2015 - BalletMomto4
I have a brand new boy scout. He just got a hermit crab for the first time. I told him to look and see if he could use learning about the hermit crab and taking care of it toward a merit badge. I think it is a great idea until we get to requirement #4. Don't think there is a pet show that will accept a hermit crab and doubt we can teach it any tricks. So I guess we have to convince a friend's parent to buy them one....lol Wonder if that is doable?? Do you think it would count if the troop held it's own pet show?Mar 20, 2015 - SJohn
BalletMomto4, I think a troop's own pet show would be an awesome activity and it does not say in the requirements what type it has to be. You may be able to get with a 4-H group and see if your pet can join one of their practice "shows". Of course it would not be at the county fair.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
Dan on Young Eagle post
Scouter Paul on Cub Knife post
Scouter Paul on First Aid MB
SM Alan on First Aid MB
Heather Miller on Cub Knife post
LJ on Programming mb
grado on Emergency Prep MB
Scouter Paul on Plumbing MB
Scouter Paul on Art m.b.
Kelly Plunkett on Plumbing MBMore Comments...