Golf Merit Badge
Requirements for the Golf merit badge:
- Discuss safety on the golf course. Show that you know first aid for injuries or illnesses that could occur while golfing, including heat reactions, dehydration, blisters, sprains, and strains.
- Study the USGA Rules of Golf now in use.
- Tell about the three categories of golf etiquette.
- Show that you know about the definitions of golf terms.
- Show that you understand the "Rules of Amateur Status."
- Tell about your understanding of the USGA system of handicapping.
- Do the following:
- Tell about the early history of golf.
- Describe its early years in the United States.
- Tell about the accomplishments of a top golfer of your choice.
- Discuss with your counselor vocational opportunities related to golf.
- Do the following:
- Tell how golf can contribute to a healthy lifestyle, mentally and physically.
- Tell how a golf exercise plan can help you play better. Show two exercises that would improve your game.
- Show the following:
- The proper grip, stance, posture, and key fundamentals of a good swing.
- The full wood shot, played from a tee.
- The fairway wood shot.
- The long iron shot.
- The short iron shot.
- The approach, chip-and-run, and pitch shots.
- The sand iron shot, bunker, or heavy rough recovery shots.
- A sound putting stroke
- Play a minimum of two nine-hole rounds or one 18-hole round of golf with another golfer about your age and with your counselor, or an adult approved by your counselor. Do the following: :
- Follow the "Rules of Golf".
- Practice good golf etiquette.
- Show respect to fellow golfers, committee, sponsor, and gallery.
Contest - Ask a Question - Add Content
This site is not officially associated with the Boy Scouts of America
Find more Scouting Resources at www.BoyScoutTrail.com
Follow Me, Boys
-Mary-> on Tarzan song
Janet Bauer on Billboard song
Matt on Rooster Fight game
Travis Lundy on /content/song/grand_old_duke_of_york-477.asp
Adam on AoL Duty to God
First Years Scout Leader on Camp Letter joke
Brian L on Arrow of Light
Sandra C on Spoof Merit Badges
Ann on Athletics mb
Bobby Kent on Stamp Collecting MBMore Comments...